GATE 2018 which is the most likable exam by most of the students as it plays a key role in providing the students a successful career in their life time. GATE 2018 score card not only useful for getting MTECH admissions in IITs, but also many of the PSUs (public sector undertakings) will consider this score and provide them the employment with high package. Some of the 16 major public sector companies which consider GATE score card are listed below.
Power Grid – EE -13.5 LPA
HPCL – 6 LPA
NTPC – 6 LPA
IOCL – 7 – 10.5 LPA
NHPC – 5 – 5.5 LPA
NLC – 6.15 LPA
CEL – 5.5 LPA
NFL 4.5 – 5 LPA
NPCC – 4.86 LPA
BSPHCL – 2.8 – 6.2 LPA
GAIL – 6 – 6.5 LPA
Vizag Steel – NA
MDL – NA
MECL – NA
BPCL – NA
GSECL – NA
As we all (GATE aspirants) know that GATE 2018 notification has been released and has put up a time of 1st sep to 1st oct 2014 to apply online. Many of the students after applying they struggle much to prepare without knowing proper GATE 2018 preparation tips and tricks. Here we are providing you some great GATE 2018 preparation tips and tricks to crack the examination with better score.
BEFORE GOING TO GATE 2018 PREPARATION TIPS AND TRICKS FIRST LET KNOW THE EXAMINATION PATTERN OF GATE 2018.
Gate 2018 exam will be conducted in online mode, which will be a Computer Based Test (CBT) and exam pattern of GATE 2018 are totally changed. Question Paper Structure, Marks distribution is common for CS, EE, ECE, ME, CSE, CH papers.
- Total Number of Questions: 65
- Total Marks of GATE Exam 2018: 100
- Duration: 3 hours
- General Aptitude (GA): 10 questions of 15 Marks
- Engineering Mathematics: 15 Marks
- Technical Questions (subject of the paper): 70 Marks
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ): Objective questions carrying 1 or 2 marks, For each question student will have a choice of four answers, out of which the candidate has to choose the correct answer
- Numerical Answer Questions: Each question contains of 1 or 2 marks. For these questions the answer is given in a real number which should be entered by the candidate using the virtual keypad. No choices will be shown for this type of questions.
Aspirants already know the examination syllabus and how to prepare for them. Below are some extra strategical techniques which changes your thinking and drives you towards the better preparation of GATE 2018. This below GATE 2018 preparation tips and tricks were even followed by previous years GATE toppers.
- For those students who are giving GATE 2018 exam don’t think that you have too much of time.
- Create schedule for your preparation. Atleast 6 hours a day in enough to score good marks and get seat in reputed institutes.
- Always follow standard books which provides better understanding of the concepts.
- Practice as many model test papers as you can.
- Most of the time do paper work for solving the problems. Please don’t sit idle with the handling book as it won’t reach your memory.
- Discuss most of the topics with your co-mates which in turn live in your mind strongly.
- For subjects always analyse yourself for improvement by asking questions what , How and why.
- Do solve most of the model test papers and compare your performance periodically to see how you improve.
- Do not waste your time on your weak topics. Just by heard them.
- In case of doubts students may ask questions in many online forums which are present to serve the students for free.
- Do not hesitate to ask doubts to your professors take full support of them.
- Generally preparation needs knowledge of all basic concepts through out their degree. If you feel you are not confident enough for those basic concepts join a short term coaching institute.
- Group study is one of the best ways of preparation. Divide topics of your subjects between you and your partner and finally discuss on those topics by both. This will save your time and efforts and will improve your and your partner’s understanding on the topic.