Check UAN Status Online unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface
Thanks to the excellent efforts of EPFO, universal account number has become a reality now after some serious efforts which have been put by the officials to simplify services. Now the employee provident fund organization, India is in the process of developing the UAN server and interlinking all UAN profile with KYC documents. Many people might have already heard about UAN and in fact, many people already got their account numbers. On changing number of jobs, every time employee will get a new provident fund account number but the universal account number still remains unchanged.
Before the launch of this service, every employee irrespective of his position has to depend n the human resource department to verify his details and forward claim transfer or withdrawal applications to the EPFO. The portal will also have information about the number of jobs changed by employee right from the starting of his career, date when he joined in an organization and the day when the employee left it. This will also prevent any frauds from the employer’s end, the online services also help to check whether the amount is periodically deposited or not. If you are not allotted any universal account number, then generate it on your own.
How to check UAN status online
There are few basic amenities which are required to check your UAN status online, follow the step by step instructions given below before the make sure that you have the twelve digit universal account number and the mobile number which you have given to your employer for registering with EPF account. Entry of each month contributions from both ends i.e. Employee and employer can be seen in the passbook, activate your UAN to see it. The employer share will be less than the employee contribution.
- Here is sequence of steps that help you to check whether the universal account number is successfully activated or not yet processed.
- The first and foremost step in the process is opening UAN official website which was developed by employee provident fund organization of India in association with C-DAC.
- Find out the MY UAN status option in the website and select the option
- A fresh window will appear on the screen which is the very important source to check your universal account number.
- Initially, you have to select your state and region, after that provident fund number which is a combination of five parts.
- After submitting your details your UAN status will appear on the desktop.
- Now you are completed with status verification, if your result is positive, proceed to further steps like activating your UAN account etc or else approach your employer.
Steps to check universal account number status
- The PF account holder has to visit EPF working site, the link will be active al the time and gives you quick responses in shorter time.
- If you face any problems while opening your account, jus dial to employee provident fund customer care number which is available in between 9 am t 5.30 pm, after that, you can’t dial to this number. The online option that you might have beyond this timing is the online help desk.
- Some important particulars are to be filled before entering provident fund number, if you don’t remember your pf number, don’t get tensed as the information can be easily obtained from your salary slip
- Salary slip generally contains all your details like name, bank, the date on which salary is credited to your account, your salary, provident fund account number, organization name etc.
- When you open the status check page, first of all, you will be asked to select state and the location where your provident fund office is located.
- After picking up your state, enter the regional pf office ode. suppose if your office is in Delhi then enter the code as 9, if the provident fund where your details are registered comes under Uttar Pradesh region then type the code as 9 and then enter three letters of your PF number.
- Once after choosing state and provident office number, the next step is to complete the column by entering the number, followed by organization number.
- The next box is the seven digit number. ie rest of the provident fund number
- After this you have to fill extension number, not that extension box should be always filled with 000
- Click on submit and check your UAN status.
Details of universal account number passbook
The universal account number passbook and EPF installment not only holds personal details but also has withdrawal details from beginning. No passbook is available for the organizations which have been shut down, the Passbook is also not available for provident fund accounts which are already settled, closed or if they are with negative balances. Only a registered person with valid user ID and password can download UAN passbook, there is no limit on the number of time you download passbook, you can print it as many times as you can.
EPF also sends monthly SMS to users about updates, monthly credits etc. with this customer will be able to keep track on funding on time to time. Checking transaction history online saves a lot of time, you don’t need to move out, travel long till the EPF office. A dormant provident fund account will earn nothing, so the government is trying to find out these types of accounts with the help of field investigation offices and making arrangements to close them.
The front part of UAN card which is downloaded by following our instructions will contain personal information of the employee like UAN NUMBER, name of the father or husband, no need to do anything if your KYC is updated or else click on the link which is side by to KYC and complete verification by uploading relevant documents. UAN number remai9ns same irrespective of the company where you are working, employee cannot add member ID of another employee to his account. EPFO office works only for limited hours in a day, but the online website works throughout the day and night.