Get your aadhaar card linked with digital locker system with complete seeding procedure – Ministry of Communications and IT Officials
Today, an individual has many documents to take care of, such as Aadhaar card, Pan Card, Voters ID, marriage certificate, birth certificate, and degrees. A national digital locker system, Digi-Locker is a new initiative undertaken by the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology. With these digital lockers, you can now securely store your important documents online.
Apart from storing your documents securely online, this initiative has many benefits. Some of them are as follows:
- You will not have to keep using the hard copies of your documents.
- You will be able to access your documents online anytime, anywhere.
- You can share your documents online with anybody by mail.
- The scanned copies of your documents will be e-signed by Digital Locker, thus proving its authenticity. So, you will not have to keep running for attesting your photocopies.
- You get 1GB of free space in the locker, where apart from uploading documents, you can also store links (URI) of government documents such as pan card, Voters ID etc.
After successful implementation of this project, the government is also planning to link this service with all the other government agencies such as UIDAI, pan card, driving license permit, passport and Voters ID card. This will greatly reduce the expenses of the government in printing and sending the common man his documents. Also, this system will help eliminate fake documents in India, as only the documents linked to your Aadhaar card or DigiLocker will be considered valid. Thus, this will reduce cheats and corruption in the country.
The best part is that there are no fees attached to this service currently. All that you have to do is make an account and get started!
How to Link Your Aadhaar Card to DigiLocker
To start an account in DigiLocker, it is required to enter your biometric details so that one person can get only one account for life. For this, you have first to give your Aadhaar card details to the website.
To start an account in DigiLocker, you will have to keep in handy your aadhaar card and your registered mobile number. It is fairly easy to open your personal account. All that you have to do is follow these steps right.
- Go to the website https://digitallocker.gov.in/
- Click on the “Sign up” Tab
- You will have a space to provide your aadhaar number. Enter it. If you have a fingerprint scanner attached to your laptop, click on “Use Fingerprint”. Otherwise, to use your mobile number to continue, click on “Use OTP”.
A One Time Password will be generated and sent to the mobile number that has been registered to your Aadhaar Card.
- You will then be asked to enter your OTP, enter it correctly.
- This will successfully link your aadhaar card to DigiLocker.
Now you can upload all your documents in your virtual locker and can also e-sign them.
Hope this article has helped you in linking your aadhaar card with digilocker.
Linking of Aadhaar Card to different schemes:
- Link Aadhaar to Pahal DBTL Scheme
- Link Aadhaar Card to Voter ID
- Link Aadhaar Card to Atal Pension Yojana, PMSBY and PMJJY
- Link Aadhaar Card to Ration Card
- Linking Your Aadhar Card with Bank Account