Complete procedure to link your aadhar card with ration card online and also offline process with step-wise detail – Aadhaar Ration Linking Process
Aadhaar card serves as an important document for Indian nationalities. It is mandatory today to have an Aadhaar Card as a part of the Direct Benefit Transfer Scheme. To curb corruption and financial leakages, the government has already started linking Aadhaar card with your Bank Account and your LPG connections. Now, the government is also starting a project to link Ration Card with Aadhaar Card. This is because many ration card frauds are being revealed, and the actual Ration card holders are not able to enjoy the benefits.
The Aadhaar card linking to Ration Card project has already been started in various states like Rajasthan, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh (UP), West Bengal and Bihar.
How to link your ration card with your aadhaar card
There are two ways of linking your aadhaar card with your ration card. This can be done both online and offline.
Online Linking of Ration Card
The process of linking Ration Card online is still being updated. But it is being made available for some states. Follow the steps mentioned below to properly link your UID card with Ration Card.
- Visit the official website of Aadhaar Seeding, i.e, https://rasf.uidai.gov.in/seeding/User/ResidentSplash.aspx. Here you can not only link ration card, but also other benefits such as LPG or pension schemes
- Click on “Start Now” button
- Enter your correct address location, that is, correct state and district.
- Choose the correct Benefit Type available. This can be LPG, pensions, scholarships etc. To link ration card, choose “Ration Card”
- Choose the correct scheme name, which will be “Ration Card”
- Write your Ration card number
- Enter your email id, your aadhaar card number and your mobile number.
- An OTP code will be sent to your mobile for verification. Verify with the OTP code before clicking Submit.
Your application process is complete. After registering online, concerned authorities will verify all your details. You will receive an SMS and an e-mail once your Ration card is linked to the aadhaar card. If any discrepancy is found, you will be informed about it as well.
Offline Linking of Aadhaar Card
If you wish to link your ration card offline, or if the online portal is still not available for your state, following are the steps to be followed:
- Take a photocopy of the following documents: Every family member’s aadhaar card and your ration card.
Take along with you a recent passport sized photograph of the head of your family.
- If you have not linked your bank account and wish to do so, you can also submit a photocopy of your bank passbook.
- Go to the nearest Ration Office and submit all these documents.
- Once your documents are received by the relevant authorities, you will be informed via sms and email.
Hope this article has helped you to link your ration card with aadhaar card successfully.
Linking of Aadhaar Card to different schemes:
- Link Aadhaar to Pahal DBTL Scheme
- Link Aadhaar Card to Voter ID
- Link Aadhaar Card to Atal Pension Yojana, PMSBY and PMJJY
- Link Aadhaar Card to DIGILOCKER
- Linking Your Aadhar Card with Bank Account