HP Gas Safety Tips
- The tube should be as short as possible. While the maximum length should be about 1.5 meters, the minimum could be anything.
- The pipe should be easily accessible if one has to check leakage etc.
- It should be kept away from flammable objects..
- The nozzle should be covered fully, and therefore it is advisable to push..
- It should not be looped or twisted. Also make sure it does not get heated by the burner.
- Avoid using detergent or soap to clean. Use wet cloth only.
Keep checking time to time for cracks, holes, softness, and porosity especially at the ends of the rubber.
- Replace tubing every 2 years at the most. Never cover the tubing.
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE PRESSURE REGULATOR
The pressure regulator is basically connected to the cylinder valve’s outlet. Basically, the role of these is to regulate the pressure of gas that comes out form the cylinder. The regulator also supplies gas to the hot plate at a constant pressure. We will now focus on various aspects that are related to accepting safety measures in respect to these pressure regulators. We will talk on points like, (a) if you smell gas, (b) disconnecting the empty cylinder, (c) light the burners, (d) how to stay safe, and (e) good habits for safety.
ON SMELLING GAS
Being a cautious consumer and customer one should be aware of the consequences that might lead due to lack of appropriate attention. Now one main thing that is to be kept in mind is that in case you smell the gas the first and the foremost step that has to be performed is to turn off the gas pressure regulator knob. The next and main step would be to open up all the windows and doors to let the cross ventilation in. Then the so called naked fires like the agarbattis or the matchstick boxes and lamps must be taken out of the kitchen and one must take care of the fact that no matchstick or lighter must be ignited in that particular area. Again another thing that most of the customers forget is to avoid the usage of switches. What the customers do in the very first place is that they switch on the lights but this indeed is a very wrong step as during such a circumstance the switches including the main switch might sparkle or lead to another hassle. The customer must immediately get in touch with the nearest distributor or the very famous emergency service cell that looks after the activities of the oil companies after holidays and at odd hours. This emergency service cell operates even on Sundays and gazette holidays. Therefore the customer can take advantage of their services.
- It must be of approved quality, (ISI mark).
- It should be as short as possible. Maximum length should be about 1.5 meters.
- It should be easily accessible for inspection.
- Keep it away from heat and fire.
- Push it so as to cover the full length of the nozzle.
- Make sure it does not get heated by the burner, or is looped/twisted.
- Clean it with wet cloth only. Don’t use soap to ease the tube over the nozzle.
- Check it regularly for cracks, holes, softness, and porosity especially at the ends.
- Replace tubing every 2 years if not earlier.
- Do not cover rubber tubing by any other object or sleeve.