How to get a new voter ID card in Assam:The government of Assam along with the Election Commission of India have created a website in which any new voter can register themselves for a new voter ID card. In the past few years, the process of making a new voter ID card is of very tough jobs, in which one person has to go through a number of government officials and it takes up more than a year to get a voter ID card. And also there was other process where the officers of the Election Commission of India visits to the house of every voter’s family seeking any new voter have complete their 18 years of age; this process is followed after every five years where the new Election will occur. So in these cases many young people miss the chances to get a new voter ID card within the described duration and hence skipped.
So as India has become more digitalised the used of internet have brought success in the field of Electing a government in any state. Any person can register online for the voter ID card using the CEO- Chief Electoral Office; official website.
Procedure to get a new voter ID card in Assam
With the help of the CEO Assam, official Electoral website- http://ceoassam.nic.in/one can easily get a new voter ID card. The website also contain many information regarding the election of the state like the rules & regulation, voter List, list of the governing or ruling political parties, latest Election related news etc. So it is the complete guide for anyone to know about the election held in the state.
Steps for getting a new voter ID card
- Sign up in the CEO Assam official site- On the official site of http://ceoassam.nic.in/ sign up with the help of your name, phone numbers and Email ID. After you have completed the sign up process, now you will immediately receive a temporary Username & Password.
- Log in to the CEO Assam-With the help of the temporary Username and Password log in to the CEO Assam, and under the site you will have to click on the new Online registration. On which you find a list of forms in it.
- Fill up the Form no.6– Select the Form no.6 and fill up with your original details. Enter your name, address, age, sex, father’s & mother’s name etc.
- Attached some important Documents along the Form-Documents like the passport sized photograph, age proof, address proof, ration card and others must be attached along the Form no.6 for the verification process.
- Submit the Form no.6- After you have completed, you should now print the form, and submit to the nearest Booth level office.
Verification of the Form no.6
The officer of the BLO will soon visit to your home for the verification process. He will confirm that all the provided details in the form is either true and valid. So the Form no.6 must be fillup with care and no mistake should be there; as this form details will be used for printing in the voter ID card.
Receiving the new voter ID card
Soon after all the process is done successfully, you will receive your new voter ID card through post, which will be sent by the Election Commission of India. Then now you can use the voter ID card in any official purpose and also mainly during the Elections in the state.
So I hope you have gotten enough information regarding voter ID card and getting it by using the online methods. There are also more information for the election of the state that you must know before performing the election. so go through all the important details for more good knowledge.