Universal Account Number Member Portal Login
Till now employee provident fund account changing process was very tough whenever employee used to change a job, infact it is also a time-consuming process. The earlier salaried worker used to wait for log until the transfer request is accepted and processed and in some situations, people used to withdraw the PF amount in order to escape for the hectic task. the previous process in case of withdrawals or transfer is very timed to take a lot of time, the whole process used to contain verification of each account holder by cross-checking with details in the records of organization and employer. EPFO HAS put and end by launching universal account number website.
The provident fund contributors responded positively and expressed their happiness over epfo for offers to bring in UAN service, it not only saves times but also ensures transparency in claims. The Indian prime minister specially focused on the problems the EPF account holders are commonly facing with offline processes and asked up officials to come up with innovative online services, UAN member portal is the result of their efforts. Every PF account holder will be given with a universal account number which eliminates the intervention of employer.
Steps to get UAN online
uan claim status online uan loginAs of now, there Is no freedom for the employee to generate universal account number. But to Generate UAN number, you have to ask your employer about it as employee provident fund organizations passes on your number to the organization where you are working Records say that almost 42 million employees received UAN number up to 30th June 2014 , the latest statistics are not yet know.we should wait for few days to get details of new enrollments.Obtaining universal account number from the EPFO as well as your previous employer is very easy.
- The worlds largest employee welfare organization as well as the largest organization which takes care of employee savings and thinks about his/ her future is EPFO ,It will issue universal account number as well as PF account details to the employer.
- The employer has to pass these details received from the organization to the work force working with in the office.
- Along with the UAN and PF number , employer will also give member ID to each and every individual working in his enterprise.
- After receiving the above-mentioned details, it is the duty of employee to submit KYC documents. The following proofs should be given to the employer .
- Any identification proof (passport issued by government of India, PAN card given by Income tax department , driving license, voter card etc will work as identity proof)
- One copy of address proof (The document provided should contain your permanent address)
Bank account details (You should give account number on which you receive monthly salary , along with account number furnish IFSC code)
- PAN Card , the details in Pan card should match with your UAN or EPF account details.
- It is also very important in fact a major responsibility of the employer verifies KCY documents given by the employee , or else higher tax would be deducted from interest deposited on the total sum saved on monthly basis in EPF accounts.
- Also completing Know your customer verification quickly will help in smoother and faster transfer of PF funds to other accounts, your new member id can be quickly linked to UAN account. The duty of employers ends up with giving your UAN number and next steps to be done are completely in your hands.
After receiving universal account number , the next task of employee is to activate his UAN and it should be done by himself online through UAN members portal which was recently launched by doing services and named is as members me sewa portal. You need to have some important details to do what ever we have earlier mentioned in this step, things required are :-
- Universal account number given by your HR department.
- User id , USER id is nothing but your UAN number
- Mobile number , it should be a valid one and must be in working condition.
- Member ID passed to you by the employer
If all these Details are submitted correctly without any mistakes, the one-time authorization pin will passed on to your mobile number through a text message, you will receive SMS via web servers so there is no particular number for it. Enter the PIN as submit details, later you will be asked to type father / husband’s name and date of birth, other personal details.
This is the final step and important one as you have to create a password, generating secret code puts the full stop to UAN registration process.
Before doing this you have to check whether your employer has taken UAN number or not, what if the employer has not taken universal account number? You cannot view updated passbook or download mini statement.To check whether UA number has been generated o not on your name ,Just the link is given here and click on know San Status.
Enter PF number and the search result will display the status, if your number ids activated then you will see a message in the following format “ You UAN is allotted, please crosscheck with your employer” or else ask your HR department to take UAN number from EPFO organization and then suit KYC documents.
What happens if you shift to a new job
If you received a job with higher salary than recent one, definitely you will prefer to move to that organization , In such cases you have to share your member ID and UAN number with new employer, link the old account to UAN or transfer funds from old account to new one and close the previous one, Application for transferring funds can be done online or by submitting paper forms.
Benefits of Universal account number
- The number has no deadline, it will be valid throughout of your services and can be shifted easily to a new organization.
- UAN online portal helps you to download a card containing your details and accumulated balance till the date you have checked.
- Any transfers made can be checked along with their status.
- You can add all your previous member ids to a single universal account number.
- KYC documents if not submitted to the employer can be uploaded online, to do this you have to keep scanned copies f all your documents.